Download: Acrobat PDF
- Specialist—Interactive Web Designer: Providence Health System
- 8.2005 to present
- Evangelized usability/accessibility as business need for Catholic health organization.
- Specialized in usable and accessible markup using advanced CSS and (X)HTML.
- Created easily re-purposed templates for special events.
- Introduced highly accessible “zoom” layouts via a style switcher.
- Tight integration to regional IS from within Marketing and Communications.
- Upgrading of outdated markup throughout CMS system.
- Served primarily the Oregon region; also served Health Plans and system-wide shared regional services.
- Sole Proprietorship: John Lascurettes Design
- 11.2002 to present – Freelance and Contract work.
- Evolved beyond just visual design and took on XHTML/CSS development work.
- Created XHTML & CSS templates for HollywoodVideo.com’s redesign.
- Provided direct-marketing e-mail design for You Software.
- Designed an interactive product selector for Palm.com’s store.
- Clients include: PalmOne, Hollywood Video, You Software, Peasant Pies, California Province of Jesuits
- Creative Director/Owner: Draft Six Experience Design
- 4.2001 to 11.2002
- While collaboratively authoring a creative brief for a website redesign, we refined a more focused brand and mission statement for SFGMC, taking it from three pages of conflicting focus down to a single statement.
- Took Palm.com’s undocumented styles, wrote the copy, created source files and organized them into an online style guide.
- Draft Six’s focus is marrying end user needs and expectations with customer’s business model and goals into intuitive, easy-to-use designs.
- Clients include: Jossey-Bass/Pfeiffer, Palm, San Francisco Gay Men's Chorus
- Creative Director: Cyberplex (Acquired i-Socket 2.2000)
- 5.1999 to 4.2001
- Started as Art Director and took over management of i-Socket’s design team after Cyberplex acquisition. Managed five designers.
- Designed and directed design for Fortune 500 companies.
- Was the head designer in charge of the brand new Handspring.com site in 1999, gathering design and marketing requirements; site was launched within three months time, product-unseen until shortly before launch.
- Interfaced with creative managers from the other international and regional offices to support distributed-matrix model of production.
- Clients include: Handspring, AMD, Charles Schwab, Cisco Systems, Microsoft
- Graphic Designer: OnlineFocus, Inc.
- 10.1996 to 2.1999
- Clients include:
- Concept and design of websites for fortune 500 companies.
- Very first projects: look and feel for FedEx Asia online and Promus Hotels brands (Hampton Inn, Embassy Suites and others).
- Projects were carried out within dedicated teams. My duties made me project lead of all graphic concerns for a project.
- Clients Include: FedEx, Sun Microsystems, Apple, Fujitsu, CNA Insurance, Cooper Lighting
- Graphic Designer/Assistant Art Director: Siemens Business Communication Systems, Inc.
- 12.1993 to 10.1996
- Concept and design of corporate high-end collateral. Art direction of photography, illustration and pre-press.
- Designer/Production Artist: Jerome Callens Advertising and Design
- 9.1989 to 12.1993
- Traditional (paste-ups and overlays) and Computer-based layout, design and production.
- Clients include: 24 Hour Fitness Centers, San Jose Downtown Association, Susan Hammer for Mayor of San Jose (1989)
Generate creative and appropriate solutions to complex design puzzles in an ever-evolving and healthy work environment.
Bachelor of Arts General Design
Graphic Design Emphasis
San Jose State University, California
Concentration in typography, print design, corporate logo & identity design. Supporting fields of study include photography, illustration, advertising, print production, and industrial design.
- Creative Direction
- Managing small design teams
- Electronic publishing experience since 1988
- Expert in browser-agnostic CSS and (X)HTML markup
- Codes (x)HTML/CSS by hand
- Program Familiarity:
- Photoshop & ImageReady
- Microsoft Office
- Quark X-Press
- Other Skills
Awards & Honors
Finalist in Lindt Chocolate "American Spirit" National Design Competition.
Winner of logo competition for Channel 6, Walnut Creek. The logo was fully implemented in all station identification.